Welcome to Gull's own Battleground Blog!

This is my personal space about YMG's Battleground: Fantasy and Historical Warfare miniatureless miniatures game. If you love miniatures wargames, but are put off by the expense in time and money of collecting and painting all those figures, this is the game for you! If you are unfamiliar with Battleground simply click on the tutorial link below and watch a quick sample combat. Next, click on the forum link and meet some really great folks who will be responsive and answer all your questions. If you are already familiar with BG:FW&HW this site is an adjunct to the forums where I put up my own brand of replays and and stuff that just wouldn't fit in the forum (but I'll post links!).

Friday, July 1, 2011

Mapboard for Major games!

Here is a regulation 30X36 inch map board
Here I have added two 10X30 inch add-ons by making a standard 20X30 inch mapboard and cutting it in half. 
The completed project at full size able to assimilate as much as 6000points per side!
For completeness, here is the mapboard all folded up and ready for travel as can by seen by it's hat.
Of course, this is a case of being all dressed up and having no place to go, as I can rarely get enough folks together to play a 2000 point game (i.e. me and James). However, I was making this mapboard with the Jersey boys in mind, so if any of them are daring enough to e-mail me their mailing address I'll ship it to them.

1 comment:

  1. Are the separate boards connected somehow, or do they just butt up against each other? Do they get bumped apart much? This is a super neat idea. Brett (gpman)

    ReplyDelete