James and I finally locked horns this weekend and it was the Umenzi bringing the pain to the Dark Elves. This is the first battle fought on my new felted board with felted bases with felted terrain. The Forces were arrayed thusly:
Spears Shaman Shaman High priests
Jav Jav Jav Warriors Spear Possessed GWE
LB Levy LB Levy LB Levy LB Levy LB LevyBlade Dancers Lash M Lords of D Lash Mistresses
Map 3D Scenario: Breaking Point Special Conditions: Stormy Weather
The early game started out well enough and everybody was moving and positioning as they should. James kept the nerf on my Lords so they were only rolling three dice all game.
Things start deteriorating rapidly for the Dark Elves. The Lowbloods are too spread out and are getting pinched all over by the Umenzi and the heavier pureblood units are doing little or no damage. The Blade Dancers are advancing really slowly as they swing wide.
This game ended far too quickly for there to be any MVPs or goats, but here are some observations I made:
1) If you're going to go with cheap line units keep them together, don't fan out to cover a broader front.
2) LOS means that your units block your LOS also.
3) You are never going to out Umenzi the Umenzi, don't even try to match them cheap unit for cheap unit.
4) If you are going to do any damage with Lowblodd Levy you have to have at least average dice! ;-)
5) You absolutely cannot count on James screwing up!